The Rastelli room is the largest of the studios at the BCC. It has a sprung oak floor with harlequin dance floor specs. Lights in the room point upward, and natural lighting and fresh air are plentiful. The Rastelli room can be divided into two areas which can be rented separately:
The Theatre Area is designed to be a theatre rehearsal space and has the following specs:
- Dimensions: 35’ x 60’ wide, 18’6” high
- I-Beams: 8 steel I-beams each 34 feet long where hang-points can be located. Steel I-beams run front to back in the theatre area and are spaced 8’ on center.
- Other: A black Marley floor is available for this area, special fees and advance arrangements apply.
The Aerial Corridor is designed for aerial arts (trapeze, hanging fabric, etc) and acrobatics and has the following specs:
- Dimensions: 25’ x 60’ wide, sloping ceiling up to 27 feet high.
- I-Beams: There are five steel I-beams for hang points: One center beam at 26’2”” which must have beam clamps to hang from, 2 beams on either side at 23’2” and two on the outside at 20’6”.
- Other: This side has a mirrored wall that is 40’ wide by 9’ high
The light booth overlooks the Rastelli Room on the Aerial Corridor side and has the following specs:
- ETC 48/96 light board with 48 dimming channels rated for 2K of lighting each.
- 12 cyc lights in 4 sets of 3 colors 1000 watts
- 8 par 64 lights as high sides 1000 watt
- 24 fresnels as overhead wash 750 watt
- 18 lekos as front of house wash 1000 watt
Rental rates depend on the renter’s insurance policy. If you have questions about the rental/insurance policy, please feel free to contact the building managers for more details.
Rates for individuals or organizations that carry an insurance policy naming Boulder Circus Center as also insured, are as follows
- Rastelli Room: $20/hour
- Rastelli Room Air Corridor only: $15/hour
- Rastelli Room Theatre side only: $15/hour
- Rastelli Room COOP either side with 1 user on the other side: $12/hour
- Trixie La Room: $10/hour
- Additional Charges for using the lighting system, TBD
Facility Use Requirements
If you are a teacher or company wishing to hold classes in a studio, the following requirements apply:
- FIRST AID: Any teacher must have a current first aid certification. Any additional or substitute teacher for the primary company/renter must also be first aid certified and must be on record at the BCC as a teacher for the company.
- INSURANCE: Any individual, teacher, company, orlegal entity planning to teach or rehearse any activity where anyone’s (student or teacher) feet leave the ground through mechanical means (unicycle, stilts, rolling-globe, trampoline, rolla-bolla, aerial apparatus of all kinds), they need to have a liability insurance policy naming “Boulder Circus Center LLC” as also insured.
If you are an individual wishing to rehearse in a studio
- An individual or small group (but not a teacher or a company) wishing to rehearse activities where their feet leave the ground through mechanical means (unicycle, stilts, rolling-globe, trampoline, rolla-bolla, aerial apparatus of all kinds) must have a BCC trainer knowledgeable in the field present for spotting, safety and insurance reasons.
- If you are an individual and you wish to teach activities where a student’s feet leave the ground through mechanical means (unicycle, stilts, rolling-globe, trampoline, rolla-bolla, aerial apparatus of all kinds), then you must have your own liability insurance naming Boulder Circus Center LLC as also insured.